What’s to like about a two year old house?
- It has a two-year history. Everything about it is still ahead of it but you now have two years by which to judge the house.
- It is a safer building and more convenient than all of its predecessors.
- It won’t contain asbestos, C.S.S.T, Chlordane, mold, lead pipes, Copper pipes with lead solder joints, lead paint, Copper gas lines, R-22 Freon, etc.
- It will be more energy efficient. It will contain more attic insulation. It will be equipped with high-efficiency air conditioning and heating equipment and therefore utility bills are likely to be lower
- It will be equipped with many devices and appliances that have been greatly improved; among them are uncharacteristically quiet garage door openers.
- It may even be equipped with remote-controlled ceiling fans, lights that shut off by themselves whenever no one is in the room.
- It will likely come with a security system already installed.
- It will likely be equipped with a lawn sprinkler system with water-saving devices such as rain sensors and buried sprinkler lines that no longer water the pavement.
- Most of the warranty issues (if there were any) have likely been resolved by now. Most defects and deficiencies have been discovered by the owner by now.
- There should be landscaping and sod by now. The sod should be well-established and anchored by now.
- The bumpy lawn should be flattened out by now and the irrigation should be under control.
What’s not to like about a two year old house?
- Very little. It’s still considered to be new.
Written and distributed by
License No. 58